Friday, April 8

Plum & Gold!

I've done this colour combination plenty of times, but never took pictures of it. The first time I ever did it, I got the inspiration from our comforter! (look below) :P


The Look!
Hmph, it looks a lot more gold in person. Ah well. :)

Create This Look!:
I started by applying gold (80) all over my lids. I applied this same gold to the inner corner and inner 1/3 of my lower lashline. I then took plum (36) and following the natural V-shape of the outer corner of my lids, I applied it in a circular motion. I blended the plum up slightly, as well as along the crease. I carried this colour to the remaining 2/3 of my (outer) lower lashline. The plum wasn't as deep as I wanted it to be, so I ended up layering on a wine colour from my L.A. Colors palette (5) over top of where I had already did the original plum. I then mixed a silverish colour that had a hint of gold and white (1 & 73) for my highlight/filler. I used this same mixture and applied it to the inner corners of my eyes. I used black liner for my water line, upper and lower lashlines. I went over the water line with plum. For mascara I used Double Extend and the Falsies, using the gold shimmer top coat for a little ooh-la-la. :P For blush I mixed merlot (2) with a bronzer (5). I finished off the look with a red tinted gloss.

BH Cosmetics 88 cool shimmer palette
L.A. Colors Darling Palette
Quo blush palette
I tried out wearing a scarf on my head .....
..... I have to say, I actually kind of like the look! It's definitely different (for me) but something I may try wearing out and about one of these days! :) What do you all think?

Happy Friday!

XO Doll

No comments:

Post a Comment