Thursday, March 24

What's YOUR Inspiration?

Korah was wearing a top yesterday that inspired me for today's look!

<-- The colours are pretty and fresh! Perfect for Spring/Easter! :)






The Look:
Shall we explain the look? Yes, yes we shall! :)
I mixed two pinks together (10 & 19) and applied that to the inner corners of my eyes. I then used yellow (4) and applied that to the middle of my lids, blending it with the pink. I took green (44) and applied it to the remainder of my lids, blending it with the yellow. I used this same green and blended it along my crease, slightly blending upwards to get rid of any harsh lines. I used another pink (13) and applied that colour to my lower lashline. For my highlight I mixed white and pale yellow (1 & 2). I lined my upper lashline with metallic pink liner and my lower lashline with black. Using my Amuse and Falsies mascara I pumped up my lashes.


For my cheeks I used a bubble gum pink (1) and then just added a clear gloss to my lips.

I never go into detail about my foundation application. The reason being, it changes from day-to-day. Sometimes i'll use my Cover Girl Ultimite Finish Liquid Powder foundation all over my face. Other days i'll use my Cover Girl Clean Makeup foundation all over my face, and use my Liquid Powder to brighten under my eyes. Before I apply my foundation, I sometimes use my Lise Watier Concealer wheel to 'correct' anything from redness under my eyes to blemishes on my face. It all depends on my mood that day and how my skin is cooperating! :P I *always* set my foundation with a powder all over my face. I also *always* apply my eye makeup (eyeshadow, liner, mascara) before applying my concealer/foundation.

In order, this is how I apply my makeup:
1- Eyeshadow primer.
2- Eyeshadow look of the day.
3- Eyeliner.
4- Mascara.
5- Concealer/foundation.
6- Powder.
7- Blush.
8- Fill in brows.
9- Gloss, gloss, gloss!

It's a lot of fun, finding inspiration for my makeup looks randomly. A lot of my inspiration comes from tutorials i've seen, but other times it comes from random things I see (ie. my Donut Blend look). If we look around, there is inspiration to be found everywhere! :)

XO Doll

No comments:

Post a Comment