Saturday, March 26

Smokey Brown.

I'm going to get all sappy for a second here. When I sit back and think about my life, I feel so blessed and so lucky to have such wonderful people surrounding me daily. My husband and my children; they are my life, my soul. My family helped shape me into the woman I am today and I love them. They are always there for us when we need them and they are always willing to lend a helping hand. My friends are absolutely amazing and I don't quite know what I would do without them. Each and every one of them has impacted my life in some way. A lot of our friends are more like family to us (friends are the family we choose!) A special note to my bestie, Michelle. Over the few years that we've been best friends (it feels like we've known each other for life!) she's really helped me overcome some of my self-doubt and encouraged me to try new things. Like this blog for instance. The whole reason I started experimenting with makeup is because she said to me "you can do it!" She's the reason I decided to take the plunge and share my blog with the world. She's always encouraging me to be me and own it! So, Michelle, thank you for being such a great friend and for encouraging me to be my creative self! I love youuuuuu. <3

Alright, now that I got that out of my system! :P Haha. Fun news of the day! Leighton has only been full on crawling for a week and she's already pulling herself into a standing position on her toys! WAAAAAH! It's so awesome to watch her learn and explore. I have to say, though, I am now ten times busier then I was a little over a week ago! Haha. "Leighton, don't play with the speakers! Leighton, you can't touch the animals water dish! Leighton, watch your head on the kitchen cupboards! Leighton, quit playing with the curtains!" Haha, it was only 2 and a half years ago when Korah entered this stage but I don't remember it. Lots of fun! :D
OUR PRIDE AND JOY!!! <3
Todays Look: Smoke On the ... Eye!
I decided to do a very neutral, brown smokey eye! Like I said, it's VERY neutral.
This look is super easy. It's perfect for everyday wear if you're not in to crazy bright colours! I took beige (76) and applied that to my entire lid. I also applied it to the inner corners of my eyes. I then took brown (35) and following the natural V-shape of the outer corner of my eye, I started applying in circular motions blending along my crease. I used another beige (not in this palette) for my highlight. I then lined my upper and lower lashlines with brown liner. Today I used my Double Extend (with gold shimmer!) and The Falsies for mascara. On my cheeks I used a rose colour by Cover Girl and on my lips I used a tinted red gloss. Simple and easy! To glam this look up you can swap the beige for silver, brown for black, and add a POP of colour lipstick (like bright bright red!)


It's been a week since I started using the Jordana Eye Primer that I bought from Cherry Culture (for $1.99!) I have to say that I absolutely LOVE it! It neutralizes the entire eye area, doesn't crease, and keeps my shadow/colour in place all day long! For $1.99 you absolutely cannot go wrong!


<-- This is my eye before the primer. I know, i've got lovely veiny skin! :P Not to mention my freckles (which, don't get me wrong, I love'em. Proud to be a natural red head!)








<-- This is my eye after I applied the primer. Of course you can still see the veins peeking through slightly, but it definitey works to neutralize the eye area!







I had mentioned in a previous post about my disappointment with the Amuse eyeliner. I have now used the pink as well as the brown, and they aren't all too bad! Still a little tricky to apply (it would be nice if they went on a little bit smoother) but they do work! Michelle gave me a tip to try: warming up the tip of the liner with a blowdryer or with your breath! I used my breath today and it seemed to work! I am going to add that to my tips page! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment